Do I Need Planning Permission for Lantern Rooflights?
Modern lantern rooflights from Natralight create the ultimate living spaces thanks to crystal clear aesthetics, outstanding thermal efficiency, weather resistance and tamper-proof strength.
As their popularity increases, we often get asked whether you need planning permission to have lantern style rooflights installed?
For our latest blog, we will explain more about planning permission and its relation to rooflights in greater detail plus reasons you should choose lantern skylights for your property.
Planning Permission Explained
Generally, planning is not needed for a roof lantern installation as long as the following permitted development rules are followed -
- Roof lanterns must not extend 150mm above the sloping plane of the existing roof
- Roof lanterns must be no higher than the highest part of the roof
- Roof lanterns positioned in a side elevation roof slope must utilise obscure-glazing
- No roof openings, unless the height is at least 1.7m above the floor
Why Choose Our Lantern Rooflights?
Our range of slender aluminium roof lantern designs accommodates classic and contemporary homes alike, merging traditional sightlines with modern materials. Natralight is renowned for outstanding quality, performance and aesthetics.
Roof lanterns from our team will also deliver -
- An elegant, sleek and enlightening design
- Awe-inspiring glazing spans
- Innovative glass lock system and tamper-proof fasteners
- Low maintenance self-cleaning glass options
- Swift and hassle-free installation
Free No Obligation Quotes from Natralight
If you are looking for a no-obligation quote for lantern rooflights, please get in touch with Natralight today. Also, if you have any questions our team of specialists will be more than happy to answer them.
To view, our latest projects check out our Instagram feed or read some of our Case Studies, including our latest editions in the Wiltshire and London areas.
From enlivening roof lanterns to high-performance structural glass solutions and everything in between; talk to the experts at Natralight now.