Considerations for Curved Rooflights
Curved rooflights are one of the newest addition to the product range at Natralight, giving property owners an edge-to-edge glass top that allows rainwater to easily drain off.
The three-layer glass construction ensures optimal energy performance plus minimal noise from the rain, hail and other exterior disturbances making them suitable for 0.15 pitched roofs.
What are the benefits of curved rooflights?
- The curved shaped edge-to-edge glass allows raindrops to easily run off
- Insulating PVC frame and two-layer low-energy pane provides optimal energy efficiency
- Compatible with a discreet heat protection awning blind for ideal indoor temperature
- The solid glass construction significantly minimises the noise from the rain, hail and other exterior disturbances
- Scratch-proof glass surface protects against damage from hail and ice pellets that extend the window's lifetime
- Easy and straightforward installation process
- Available in a number of sizes
Modernising The Old Tenby Lifeboat Station
One example of curved rooflights, was an installation Natralight undertook at the Old Tenby Lifeboat Station, which featured on Channel 4's Grand Designs.
Prior planning with the main contractor Horan Construction resulted in a safe and successful fitting coupled with a short programme to deliver the project.
The design criteria also had to contend with the exposed harsh marine environment plus the requirement to satisfy the Welsh Built Heritage.
This installation also included contemporary-style low-profile glass rooflights with electrically operated hinged opening glazing vents plus a curved glass balustrade to the converted slipway sun terrace.
Where Can I Install Curved Roof Lights?
Here are some suggestions for places you could add curved skylights -
Bedrooms and other living areas - Even if your property already has plenty of windows, adding a rooflight provides another dynamic that ensures extra light floods in from above plus the sides.
Kitchen - Depending on where your kitchen is situated, adding skylights will give the area more natural light and make baking or daytime cooking a more pleasant experience.
Garage Conversions - If you are looking to revamp your garage into a living area or even a man cave, adding roof glazing will impress visitors and flood the space with natural light during all seasons.
Work with Specialists from Natralight
With over three decades of experience, Natralight is the only choice for curved rooflights for any style of property. We offer a free no-obligation quote on all our rooflight products. Contact us now for more information.